Start now to reduce the risk of moisture damage and mold growth.
Think of TYPAR HouseWrap as an extra layer of protection to secure the building envelope. With TYPAR HouseWrap on the outside, homes feel more comfortable on the inside. TYPAR HouseWrap eliminates drafts in the wall, which helps reduce energy costs. And the TYPAR material itself will not support the growth of mold or disintegrate over time, for added confidence and reduced worries. TYPAR HouseWrap offers superior protection that you can count on.
And it’s all backed by The TYPAR Advantage, which provides the confidence of millions of homes/buildings wrapped, over more than 25 years of proven performance, and a 10-year limited warranty/lifetime limited product warranty (for single-family residents only).
TYPAR HouseWrap delivers four key advantages you won?t find with other housewraps:
- Superior water holdout - blocks water from entering the wall cavity.
- Exceptional moisture vapor transmission (MVT) - it breathes so moisture can escape the wall cavity.
- Superior tear strength - proven to withstand heavy winds and is almost five times stronger than the leading competitive wrap.
- Optimal surfactant and UV resistance - reduces the damaging effects that oils and tannins from cedar siding, cement siding, stucco, brick and soaps from powerwashing can have on the system?s ability to block bulk moisture penetration; stands up to the beating sun on the jobsite for up to 6 months without degradation.
For Residential / Light Commercial Applications - Typical Characteristics
|Roll sizes||3ft x 100ft
4.5ft x 200ft
9ft x 100ft
9.5ft x 95ft
9ft x 150 ft
9 ft x 195 ft
10 ft x 100 ft
10 ft x 150 ft
|Basis Weight||(ASTM D-5261)||nominal 2.8 osy 21.0lbs/100ft2|
|Thickness||(ASTM D-1777)||12.9 mils|
|Bursting Strength||(ASTM D-3786)||66 psi|
|Dry Tensile Strength||(ASTM D-5034)||80 lbs md, 87 lbs xd|
|Trapezoidal Tear||(ASTM D-1117 / ASTM D-5733)||30 lbs md, 33 lbs xd|
|Hydrostatic Pressure Resistance||(AATCC 127-1995)||865 cm|
|Gurley Hill Porosity||(TAPPI T-460)||> 2500 sec/100cc|
|Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate||(ASTM E-96-95, procedure A)||11.7 U.S. perms|
|Ultra Violet Light Exposure Resistance (UV)||6 months|
|‘Air-Ins’ (Air Leakage Test)||(CCMC Technical Guide MF-07273)||.0032L/(S.M2)|
|Water Resistance Test (Boat Test)||(ASTM D-779)||Pass|
|Water Ponding Test||(CCMC Technical Guide MF-07193)||Pass|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||(ASTM E-84)|
|Flame Spread Index||Class A|
|Smoke Developed Index||Pass|
The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge accurate and reliable and is provided for the user’s assessment and verification. However, since the circumstances and conditions under which such information and the products discussed can be used may vary and are beyond our control, we make no warranty, expressed or implied, of merchantability, fitness or otherwise, or of the results to be obtained, or against patent infringement, and we disclaim all liability from any resulting damage or loss.
- TYPAR HouseWrap Typical Characteristics
- TYPAR HouseWrap 3 - Part Specification
- TYPAR HouseWrap Comparison
- TYPAR HouseWrap MSDS
- TYPAR HouseWrap CAD
- TYPAR Housewrap DW Sell Sheet