Surround your home with protection.
The roofing deck is the area that supports the actual roofing material, and protecting it from moisture is key to assuring the lifespan of the roof and the long-term durability of the home.
Whether your roof is covered with shingles, shakes, tile, slate or metal, be sure it’s protected with SURROUND VR Underlayment. A smart alternative to felt, it is water’s toughest opponent, creating a secondary water barrier that reduces the incidence of leaks caused by storm damage, wind-driven rain, ice dams and worn roofing materials. It is a waterproof, synthetic polymer material that will protect your homes against moisture intrusion.
Start protecting your home at the top with Surround VR Underlayment.
In addition to superior weather protection, SURROUND VR Underlayment offers five key advantages:
- Stronger - 10 times stronger than 30# felt for the ultimate tear resistance, so it will not blow off during installation and helps eliminate the need for costly roof repair.
- Drier - the unique slip-resistant surface is waterproof to prevent moisture issues.
- Lighter - up to 7 times lighter than 30# felt so it's easy to carry onto a roof.
- Faster - in addition to having five times more underlayment per roll than felt, the rolls are also 25 percent wider for quicker roof deck coverage.
- Secure - SURROUND VR Underlayment meets the more stringent requirements of ICC AC48-Acceptance Criteria for Roof Underlayment for Use in Severe Climate Areas.
For Residential / Light Commercial Applications - Typical Characteristics
Rolls per Pallet
250 ft / 76.2m
48 in / 122 cm
23 lbs / 10.2 kgs
10 sq / 93 m2
1350 lbs / 612 kgs
40” x 48” x 45” / 102 x 122 x 112 cm
|Class A Fire
|Nail Sealability Modified
|Tear Strength||(ASTM D4533)||Machine Direction – 15 lbs|
Cross Direction - 17 lbs
|Tensile Strength||(ASTM D751)||Machine Direction – 80 lbs
Cross Direction - 65 lbs
|Elongation||(ASTM D751)||Machine Direction – 19%
Cross Direction - 18%
|Weight per Square||(ASTM D5261)||2.3 lbs / 1.02 kgs|
The information contained herein is to the best of our knowledge accurate and reliable and is provided for the user’s assessment and verification. However, since the circumstances and conditions under which such information and the products discussed can be used may vary and are beyond our control, we make no warranty, expressed or implied, of merchantability, fitness or otherwise, or of the results to be obtained, or against patent infringement, and we disclaim all liability from any resulting damage or loss.